Join Our Board of Directors!
Are you from
Cecilton · Charlestown · Chesapeake City · Elkton
North East · Perryville · Port Deposit · Rising Sun
United Way of Cecil County WELCOMES Board applicants representing the
Entire Cecil County area!
Role of the Board
We aspire to have a robust United Way in the Cecil County area. Board members support the mission of United Way and provide leadership and strategic governance.
Volunteer members of the Board of Directors define and implement the mission, vision and values of the United Way of Cecil County based on their understanding of the assets, needs and goals of Cecil County and its residents.
- Approve and monitor the annual operating budget.
- Approve allocations and grants to partner organizations.
- Establish and monitor financial policies and practices.
- Develop and approve programs consistent with the mission and vision of United Way of Cecil County.
- Select, support and review the performance of the Executive Director.
- Enhance the organization’s image by understanding the mission, vision, values and goals and communicate them to the community.
- Help recruit, educate, and recognize volunteer board members.
- Contribute financially, and/or with time and talent.
Board Terms and Participation
- Board members serve a two-year term; members may serve consecutive terms.
- Board meetings are typically held quarterly, and Board members are expected to attend except when unavoidable conflicts exist. Currently, the Board is meeting via Zoom. In the future it is likely we will continue to meet online with occasional in-person meetings at sites throughout Cecil County to be determined.
- Committee meetings and additional full-Board meetings are held as needed to facilitate campaign planning and execution, and grant decision-making.
- Embrace United Way of Cecil County’s mission to promote a healthy, safe community where everyone can reach their full potential.
- Have a commitment to equity and inclusion and to working towards the elimination of disparities in our communities
- Demonstrate willingness and skills to collaborate with and attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board members
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of the people of Cecil County.
To apply to join our Board, fill out the Board Application and hit “Submit Form.”