Programs We Fund
United Way Funded Programs impacting the lives of the Children and Youth
served by Cecil County Public Schools:
United Way of Cecil County is proud to partner with the following agencies that provide effective and dedicated services to the children and youth of Cecil County (and their families):*
- Freedom Hills Therapeutic Riding Program provides therapeutic riding programs for physically and mentally disabled children and adults
- Ray of Hope Mission Center recognizes and addresses the needs of those who are struggling within our community and assists them in their efforts to provide for themselves and their families.
- Community Services Foundation provides resources and assistance to initiate quality programs, fund a variety of needs during emergent situations.
- The Community Coalition for Affordable Housing promotes adequate and affordable housing, economic opportunity, and a suitable living environment to low and moderate-income persons and families in Cecil County.
- Deep Roots In addition to serving as a homeless shelter for children and families, Deep Roots strives to break the generational cycle of homelessness.
- Meeting Ground provides emergency and transitional housing, meals, care, and related services to persons and families experiencing homelessness.
- Voices of Hope for Cecil County advocates for recovery resources, mentors new people in recovery and works to eliminate the stigma of addiction.
- Cecil County Neighborhood Youth Panel gives first-time juvenile misdemeanor offenders the option of appearing before a panel of community volunteers rather than entering the juvenile court system. This gives them the opportunity to avoid the stigma (and possible effects) of a juvenile record.
- The Cecil County Mediation Center provides conflict resolution services through mediation, education and training. They promote respectful resolution of conflicts and disputes.
- Fair Hill Nature Center connects children and adults to the environment by educating, engaging and exploring our local natural resources.
- Generation Station provides a safe, supervised and structured environment for youth, including after-school help with homework, summer day camps, community service opportunities, volunteerism, study groups, computer classes, organized recreation and field trips.
- Open Door offers a safe haven for families to have supervised visitation and monitored exchanges when involved with separation, divorce or court mandated protection orders.
- Youth Empowerment Source provides critical supports to children, youth and families in Cecil County - with a strong focus on prevention and education.
*The above represents United Way-funded programs that support Successful Children and Families in Cecil County. This is only a portion of the total number of programs and organizations we fund. For a complete list of programs and organizations we support, email firstname.lastname@example.org.